We know that when summer comes we all rush to the nearest market or cosmetic store to buy bottle of sunscreen to protect ourselves from the sun. However, protecting our skin from the harmful sun only in summer is not enough. Our skin needs shielding from the harsh rays during all seasons. Let us have a look why you should wear sunscreen throughout all year and how it protects your skin from damage:
- Protects your skin from the harmful UV rays. Because the ozone layer continuously depletes, the risks of getting your skin damaged from the harmful UV rays is higher. Applying sunscreen every day will block these rays from penetrating the skin and causing skin disorders.
- Prevents premature aging. Who doesn’t want to have younger looking, glowing and healthy skin? By wearing sunscreen, you are slowing down the process of aging because it shields the skin from the development of wrinkles and fine lines on your face.
- It keeps your skin tone even. Many women experience facial brown spots and discoloration. Well if you didn’t know, sunscreen will prevent their development and will also reduce the appearance of red facial veins and blotchiness.
- Sunscreen protects every skin type. It doesn’t matter whether you have darker complexion or lighter skin, wearing a sunscreen is a must. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends that everyone should wear sunscreen to protect the skin from the harmful rays and to prevent various damages that may develop if not used regularly.
- Keeps your skin healthy. Sunscreen also protects the essential skin proteins such as collagen, keratin and elastin. These proteins keep the skin healthy, smooth and soft and that’s why sunscreen is the product that you must have with you all the time.