Whether you want to moisturize, nourish or give your skin a quick fix, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll need to go and spend a dozen of $ in the nearest drugstore and buy the most expensive sheet, splash or clay mask. You’ll just need to be a little bit creative and DIY one on your own. Don’t despair, as we are here to help you out with a few recipes that will give you that glowing skin in no time.
HYDRATING FACE MASK
- Mash ¼ of an avocado in a small bowl.
- Mix it with 1 tbsp. of cocoa powder and 1 tbsp. of raw honey.
- Apply on clean and dry skin and relax for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
NOURISHING FACE MASK
- Brew 1 cup of chamomile tea with 2 tea bags and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp. of manuka or raw honey, and 1 tsp. of nutritional yeast.
- Add the chamomile tea to the bowl and mash until a thick paste.
- Apply a thin layer and relax for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off, pat dry and then moisturize.
ORGANIC FACE MASK
- Mash ½ of a banana in a bowl.
- Mix in a tbsp. of orange juice and a tbsp. of raw honey.
- Apply and keep the mixture on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and of course, moisturize.
CALMING FACE MASK
- Mix 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp. of honey, and 1 tbsp. of olive oil with half a cup of oatmeal.
- Stir well, then apply for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize.
LIGHTENING FACE MASK
- Blend together 2 tbsps. of honey and a half-cup of mashed papaya.
- Gently apply the mixture and wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off and moisturize.
QUICK FIX FACE MASK
- Combine 3 tbsps. of orange juice with a ¼ cup of honey.
- Rub the mixture lightly and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and, as always, use the moisturizer.