Red wine is believed to be one of the best anti-aging drinks because it has long-lasting effects on the skin's health. The presence of antioxidants in this drink is great for the skin and cause many health and beauty benefits
Here are some of them:
- Red wine can fight the premature aging of the skin. The presence of antioxidants like flavonoid, resveratrol, and tannins can fight skin aging and restore the collagen and the elastic fibers in the skin.
- Red wine helps the beauty sleep, due to the presence of melatonin, the hormone which regulates the sleep cycles.
- Red wine Improves complexion and also can even the skin tone and regain the lost skin glow on the face, due to excessive stress and pollution.
- Red wine can also fight acne. It has antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties and can help fight acne breakouts.
- Red wine can clear pores and prevent acne if applied topically.
Red wine can be used for cleansing, toning, scrubbing and massaging.
- For cleansing: Mix 1 tbsp. of lemon juice with 3-4 tbsps. of red wine. Dip a clean cotton ball into this mixture and apply on face. Gently massage the cleansing lotion and then wash it off with a clean tissue paper.
- For scrubbing: Mix a few drops of red wine with a natural exfoliator like rice, coffee or sugar until a rough paste. Apply this paste in circular motions to remove dirt and dead skin cells.
- For massaging: Mix some aloe vera gel or rose water with a few drops of essential oil and 1 tbsp. of red wine. Use the fingertips to massage the paste on the face including forehead, chin and under eye area. Massage the face for at least 10 minutes and then wipe the paste off. This will help improve blood circulation on the face.