Since ancient times, the concept of bathing had a lot of importance for women. The body scrubs and cleansing grains had been used by ancient queens, princesses, our ancestors and our grandmothers. But, with today's over-stressed lifestyles and lack of time, showers and baths have unfortunately become a quick, 5-minutes soap and scrub routine.
However, we need to understand the importance of bathing. Time and profession are of utmost importance but, so are our bodies. Bathing with the right ingredients can change the way we look and feel.
Baths, whether in a bucket or a tub, can be made quite interesting with bath powders, flowers, spices and fruits to recreate the smell of the sea or various flowers, herbs and fruits.
Here we have some bathing ingredients that will chill you out and make you look and feel great after the stressful day.
- Lemon slices dipped in water can leave the skin smelling fabulously fresh and feeling clean. Just five minutes of 'bath pampering' can keep you cool and fragrant all-day long.
- The starch acts as a natural skin tightener.
- The rose petals will tone the skin and keep it feeling fragrant.
- The oatmeal works as a natural exfoliator.
- The milk powder keeps the skin silky soft and smooth.
- Vinegar and honey reduce irritation and retrieve tiredness. This special bath will leave the skin feeling smooth as well as treat sunburn.
- Mogra - Arabian Jasmine Flowers provide a wonderful cooling and sensuous effect on the skin.
- Rose Oil and Honey will hydrate and moisturize the skin.
It’s also very important to moisturize the skin with a light cream moisturizer or a few drops of sandalwood oil after taking a shower or bath. This will help retain the skin's moisture.
So, turn your cell phone on silent, keep a 'do not disturb' sign outside the door, turn on some relaxing music and light up some scented candles while you are taking relaxing bath.