From the beauty of the flower, to its aroma and the big number of healthy and beauty benefits place the rose water among the best skin care products in the cosmetic industry. It hydrates and soothes the skin and helps in reducing acne. Additionally, rose water is a perfect make-up remover. There are many uses of the rose water. It can be used as toner for oily skin and acts as perfect moisturizer for dry skin. If added additional ingredients like glycerin or olive oil, it can maintain the moisture of the skin for a very long time.
Here are some of the many benefits of rose water used as a toner:
- Rose water helps in soothing sensitive skin. Sensitive skin cannot tolerate all cosmetic products but rose water can be safely used as a toner, cleanser and moisturizer.
- Rose water is a great in reducing sunburn because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rose water can remove pimples and excess oil from the skin and hydrates the skin without clogging pores.
- Rose water can help in lowering the blood pressure and reducing stress and anxiety.
Rose water toner can be bought from the drugstore or it can be easily prepared at home by putting fresh rose petals in a jar of distilled water. This recipe for homemade rose water toner will help in cleansing and smoothing the skin and even in increasing the tone of skin texture.
- 2 roses
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 strainer
- 1 large sterilized glass container
- rinse the rose flowers and put the petals in a bowl
- add two cups of boiling water to the petals and leave it for some time until it reaches to room temperature.
- drain the water into the sterilized glass container.
This homemade rose water toner can give good results if used on a daily basis.