Guava is a tropical fruit with number of health and beauty benefits. Except, its wonderful and refreshing flavor and taste, guava is loaded with nutrition and rich source of vitamins. The daily requirement of vitamin C can be satisfied with a single guava fruit. This delicious fruit also plays important role in skincare since it has big amount of vitamin C, antioxidants and carotene, all of which are beneficial for the skin.
Let’s see some of guavas skin benefits:
- Pink guava helps in beautifying the skin, by regaining its radiance and freshness.
- Pink guava contains big amount of lycopene – an antioxidant that protects the skin from being damaged by UV rays and accumulated toxins.
- Guava is a rich source of vitamins A, B, C and potassium which are good antioxidants and detoxifiers. They fight free radicals, thus keeping the skin glowing and free from premature signs of aging.
- Guava helps in keeping the skin toned, refresh and free from wrinkles.
- Guava is effective in enhancing skin texture, tightening the loosened skin and reviving the lost elasticity of the skin.
- The astringent qualities of guavas can keep the skin free from blemishes, acne, wrinkles and pimples.
- Guava can heal acne and dark spots.
- Guava is 80% water which plays an important role in skin hydration.
- Guavas vitamin C is excellent for skin healing as it contributes to regeneration of the collagen, the substance responsible for the firmness of the skin.
- Guava provides good amount of vitamin K which reduces skin redness and irritation. It can treat the skin from uneven color and discoloration and plays big role in reduction of dark circles, acne and patchiness.
- Guava leaves can also get rid of skin itchiness as they contain allergy blocking compounds.
- The extract of Guava used in many beauty products can make the skin tone brighter and attractive.