Stretch marks are common among women after pregnancy. They appear mostly in the areas prone to fat accumulation like breast, hips, arms, abdomen, tummy and thighs. However, there are certain effective home remedies that can reduce the appearance of postpartum stretch marks.
Olive oil moisturizes and exfoliates the skin. It also improves the blood circulation and removes stretch marks to a great extent.
- Take some oil and gently massage the area.
- Let the vitamins A, D and E in the oil get absorbed into the skin.
- Take a bath after the massage.
VITAMIN E OIL
Vitamin E oil gives effective results by fading off the marks.
- Extract the oil from vitamin E capsule.
- Mix with a moisturizer and apply on the stretch marks.
- Take castor oil and massage the area gently in circular motion.
- Cover the area with plastic bag. The heat opens the pores and the oil gets absorbed into the pores.
- Clean the area.
- Mix almond or coconut oil with a few drops of essential oils like rose, geranium, lavender.
- Use this mixture to massage on the stretch marks.
Aloe vera promotes healing and soothing properties.
- Rub a small amount of aloe vera gel directly over the skin, leave for 15 minutes and wash it off using lukewarm water.
The antiseptic property of honey works in reducing stretch marks.
- Apply honey on a cloth.
- Place the cloth on the affected area and let it remain until it turns dry.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Egg white is rich in protein, which helps rejuvenate the skin and makes it look fresh.
- Apply a thick layer of egg white on the affected area until it’s dry.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Apply some olive oil to keep the skin supple and moisturized.
SHEA OR COCOA BUTTER
Shea or cocoa butter are the primary ingredients present in most of the body lotions. They are excellent moisturizers that can nourish the skin.
- Apply some shea or cocoa butter on the stretch marks.
- They will improve the skin elasticity, prevent dryness and reduce the stretch marks.
Sugar can exfoliate the dead skin and lighten the stretch marks.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Use it as a scrub.
The acidic property of lemon juice works in healing stretch marks.
- Rub fresh lemon juice on the affected area.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.