For healthy skin it's important to have a skin care routine that you follow regularly. It is also important to follow a few 'unwritten rules' that cater to your skin type. If you have oily, dry or combination skin, here a few DOs and DON'Ts to keep the bumps and shine away:
- wash regularly - choose a face wash that will combat oil and shine.
- use spf - exposure to the sun can cause acne, so make sure you use a sunscreen daily.
- choose oil-free makeup - always use mattifying powders, concealers and foundations.
- skip the moisturizer - keep up the daily moisturizing, because oily skin needs moisture too.
- touch your face - picking the face adds dirt and germs to the skin surface.
- use dirty pillowcase - pillowcases absorb dirt, grease and grime, so change your pillowcase frequently to keep your face clean.
- wash gently - no matter how dry or sensitive, your face should be washed once a day.
- choose the right makeup - avoid products that can emphasize the fine lines and instead use tinted moisturizer that enhances your skin tone.
- moisturize twice a day - apply moisturizer twice a day to keep skin soft and supple.
- wash twice a day - wash gently at night and splash with water in the morning.
- use hot water - hot water can easily irritate skin.
- use products with fragrances - look for products that are scent-free since those with fragrance can irritate the skin.
- change with the seasons - switch out your products as needed with the changes of the season because, combination skin has the tendency to change with the weather.
- divide and conquer - deep clean only the T-zone area and leave the drier areas bare.
- mix up your makeup - use cream blushes to add a little glow but, sticking to powder eye shadows to reduce smudging.
- skip the moisturizer - use moisturizer on oily areas and apply more when needed to dry patches.
- forget to exfoliate - once a week, use a gentle exfoliator to help the skin renewal process.