There are many uses and benefits of activated charcoal, including the removal of toxins, digestive health, anti-aging, teeth-whitening, and many more. But, in this article, we’ll see why is charcoal great for the skin.
It has been proven that activated charcoal is great for the skin because it is capable of removing impurities through a process of adsorption, i.e. charcoal can pull out the dirt and the excess oil from the skin. Blackheads appear as a result of excessive sebum production that with time can clog the pores. And picking or squeezing out isn’t the best idea, as this can cause further damage to the skin and infection. Instead, use an activated charcoal, as this natural remedy is an excellent blackhead removal.
There are many brands which offer face masks with activated charcoal, but the problem with these is that many are loaded with numerous toxic chemicals. So, rather than expose yourself to unnecessary chemicals that can be harsh on the skin, try making your own face mask with activated charcoal to lift out and remove the hardened plugs of oil.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 6 capsules activated charcoal
- 3 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 15 drops pure rosehip oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil
- mix together the contents of the activated charcoal powder and bentonite clay
- Add apple cider vinegar (ACV) one tbsp. at a time, stirring well, until an easily spreadable paste is formed.
- Add 10-15 drops of rosehip oil and 3 drops of tea tree essential oil. Stir well.
- Store in a glass, in the refrigerator.
Apply the DIY charcoal mask mixture over face and neck, with clean fingers or an applicator, avoiding the eye area. Let dry for about 20 minutes. Remove with warm water and a washcloth. For best results, use this mask twice weekly.