Even though you may think that putting mud on your face will make you ugly and can damage your skin, we must tell you that there is a mud which is actually very healthy and is extremely beneficial to our skin- the popular dead sea mud. This vitamin-packed mud was discovered long ago and was used even by queen Cleopatra as a part of her daily beauty routine. It contains at least 21 minerals that are essential for our skin, including potassium, bromide, calcium, boron, iron and magnesium. The dead see mud can be found in many skin care products and here are the unique benefits that this mud has on our skin and on our overall health too:
- Draws out the toxins from skin cells
- Minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Acts as a natural exfoliant
- Relieves skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema
- Fights acne, pimples and blackheads
- Improves elasticity
- Balances the skin’s Ph levels
- Suitable for every skin type
- Enhances blood circulation
You can make your homemade mask for glowing and healthy skin with dead sea mud and other natural ingredients.
Mix the ingredients and pour the paste into the glass jar with the lid for further usage. Apply the mask on your face but avoid delicate areas around your eyes and mouth (if your skin begins to get irritated or inflamed wash it immediately). Now leave it for 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water.