Cumin contains anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe the skin and keep it blemish free. The essential oils contained in cumin can help tone the skin and boost the circulation and blood flow. This natural ingredient can also act as an excellent exfoliant. When cumin is included in a scrub, the skin benefits from the vitamins and minerals of the spice as it is full of naturally occurring iron, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorous. Cumin serums have become very popular in the skincare world, as it is high in inflammation-fighting antioxidants that can help repair the skin damage and keep the skin looking young and rejuvenated. Plus, it smells pleasantly exotic especially in combination with some warm and woodsy essential oil fragrances like frankincense and sweet orange oils. A homemade cumin scrub can be gentle enough for the face, but it can be certainly used for whole body as well!
In addition, we present you exfoliating cumin face scrub recipe that can be easily made in your kitchen. This simple, yet effective facial and body scrub has light exfoliating power with many anti-inflammatory properties as well as antioxidants.
- 2 tbsp. of cumin
- Half a cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- ¼ cup of natural oil: olive oil, sweet almond or grapeseed oil
- 20 drops essential oils: tea tree, frankincense, sandalwood, sweet orange or cedar wood.
- Make a mixture of a natural oil, honey and essential oils in a small bowl.
- Add the cumin and sugar and mix well.
- Transfer the exfoliating scrub in a glass jar and store in a cool, dry place.
- This mixture can last up to 6 months if placed properly.
- This cumin scrub can be used all over the face (avoiding the eye area) with gentle circular motions, but it can be also used for any part of the body as well. So, don’t hesitate and try this delicate homemade face and body scrub for luminous and vibrant skin texture.